Tuesday, October 9, 2012

English names

In order to manage my ridiculous number of students, I asked each of them to create a note card with a photo of themselves, their Chinese name, their English name if they have one, and so on.  Here are some of the stellar, bizarre names that they chose for themselves (otherwise they were boring like Jane, Joy, and Rose- I got tons of those. I'm positive "Rose" is because of Titanic, the only English movie every made, or so it seems because that's the only one they know!).
  • Source
  • Cricket
  • Rice
  • Jeremy (weird only because it was a girl)
  • Digest
  • Seven
  • Moon
  • Dream
  • Sapphire
  • Kissy
  • Fergie
  • Lemon (two of those)
  • Venus
  • Spring
  • Darling
  • Sweety
  • Panda
  • Beenle (I don't know what's going on there)
  • Rowling (as in, J.K., perhaps?)
  • Star
  • River
  • Fairy
  • Fish

No comments:

Post a Comment